Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Straight Talk Express is coming to your town.

Yesterday, as I wrote my "war on Christmas" post, I kept thinking to myself "Is Christmas the 25th or the 26th?" I was really afraid I'd get it wrong, and goddamn it all, I did. When this was brought to my attention (thanks, Carolyn), I considered using the handy "edit post" feature on blogspot to whip out the mistake, so that no one would be the wiser. As I settled in to do a little Winston Smith-style historical revisionism, it occured to me that this was exactly the sort of shit that the Bush administration loves to pull: in dozens of cases in the past five years, portions of the official White House website have been altered, redacted and mysteriously deleated, even transcripts of press briefings have undergone furtive editing. No! I am better than Bush's army of pen-wielding ghouls! Let my fuck-up blaze forth across the whole of the internets for all to see. I'm dumb...dumb as hell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home